Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exciting Times

We have now completed 3 months of a gluten free, dairy free life and I have to say that we all feel incredible. Everyone is in better moods, we aren't as tired as we used to be, and the ADHD is under control. I thought this was going to be horrifically time consuming to cook every - little - stinkin'- thing, but it really isn't much different than before.
If I could put everyone in my body for one day before we started this "lifestyle" and then let you spend a day in my body 3 months later, you would all be amazed at how great I feel. I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone to switch to a whole foods diet. Mark doesn't take acid reflux meds or sleeping meds. anymore and his restless leg syndrome has completely disappeared. I am seeing the skin cancer (DSAP) lesions on my arms and legs disappearing and feel great. Seviann says she feels great and any trace of pimples have disappeared. Sabree used to get these little bumps on her face, arms, legs and trunk and they have disappeared. And Briley is my biggest success story, his ADHD is as controlled or better controlled than it ever was on meds.
I think diet has played a huge component in this success, but I don't think we would be seeing these results without the massive amount of vitamin supplements we are also taking. Our foods today, even whole foods are so depleted of nutrients that I firmly believe we need vitamin and mineral supplements also.
God has provided all we need for excellent health in the foods that he grows. Why is it that we don't see this blessing that is staring us right in the face?
Also, we are able to eat organic corn and popcorn without any issues now, but Briley still cannot tolerate non-organic corn or High Fructose Corn Syrup. Amazing, right? And they say that Genetically modifying the food doesn't affect our health--guess again! If an elimination diet is something you or your family are thinking about doing, take heart that you may not have to eliminate these foods forever. Once your vitamin and mineral stores are replenished, you can successfully add back certain whole foods.

No comments: