As I sat in my bed nursing a fever and watching the Debates on TV, I had to ask myself if I was sick with a virus or from the filth being thrown at me from the TV. It seems to be way too early in the race to choose a candidate, but I really like Ron Paul.
I was supporting Mike Huckabee because of all the talk I had heard about him from the Christian radio station that I listen to early last year. He was talking a great talk and I felt that he had a good moral foundation to stand on and was a praying man who would lead this country with guidance from God. How could he go wrong with an advisor like that? Foreign policy, experience, taxes---not to worry, you don't need experience if you have God in the driver's seat. Just look at David, he was just a kid and defeated the giant.
However, my skepticism has grown as the mudslinging grows. Why, Why, Why, do all political races have to be so negative? Disappointing is to light a word to describe my feelings.---Enter Ron Paul.
I have thought from the very beginning that he would make a great president. He is consistent, has great family values, is a believer, and unapologetic in his conviction. He is now and has throughout his political career been for the betterment of the people of the US. He does not boast about his accomplishments (and probably should have many times last night), and he does not talk the talk, but he walks the walk. If he says something should be changed, he introduces a bill to put it in motion. (A doer of the Word). Just look at his voting record and the bills he has introduced to congress (probably more bills than any other one person has ever introduced).
The problem is that he is weak as a candidate on a national scale and I was afraid of throwing my vote away. But, how do we make a candidate strong? We get more people to notice him. He is worth a peek before you make any firm decisions. Look at his record, his life, and his responses in the debates, then decided for yourself whether a vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote. He is firm on family values and issues that I hold very dear and uncompromising: abortion, marriage, homeschool, and stem cell research. However, there have always been a few issues that I agreed with the democrats: strengthening American economy, reducing taxes to middle class, and spending too much money overseas. Ron Paul, so far, and his past record vouches to his credibility, seems to be the candidate who offers all these things without compromising moral values.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
It is still very early in the race, but let me know your thoughts.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Ron Paul. I have followed him for a while. Huckabee looks like a very well-spoken wolf at times. Too smooth and polished. His immigration stance and foreign policy experience (none) are alarming.
I am a small government proponent. I would love to see our country led by a consitutionalist like Ron Paul :)
Post a Comment