Saturday, October 13, 2007

Discipline

Kids can really crack you up at times, and it is always when you don't want to laugh. Case in point: I usually use a brush on the bottom to administer "wisdom" to my children. They have a strong fear of the sting of a brush. Usually, just a warning that a swat from the brush is coming is enough to correct their behavior or attitudes. But, this morning, I was downstairs without a brush in site, when a "situation" occurred that needed immediate correction and "wisdom", so I picked up a spatula from the drawer and popped Seviann on the bottom. She was unusually relaxed at the prospect of the impending discipline and after the swat was delivered, she said, "Who thought cooking utensils could hurt that much?"
We both broke out into laughter. Now, we know why she was so relaxed. However, I don't think she will be so relaxed around a spatula anymore. You don't think this will instill a fear of cooking in her, do you?

Proverbs 29:15 The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.

No comments: