Friday, August 1, 2008

Blog Break

I have really enjoyed blogging over the past year, but due to a lack of comments (hint! hint!) I did not think any of our family members were reading. However, due to an overwhelming outcry of people that I had no idea were lurking in the shadows, I am back.

The break has been nice, but now that I have 400 photos stored up to blog containing 4 birthdays, field trips, visits with friends, and just the usual day to day humor--where do I start?

I will start with a thank you to all our wonderful friends who made our birthdays so special. It makes my heart leap with joy to realize how many people love us--thank you. You are all so very special to us. And, I want to send out another thank you to my favorite aunt and uncle who always send us the most gorgeous beautiful cards from across the oceans. We love you guys so much and we appreciate and cherish the efforts and love you put into each card.

A funny story to finish off. You know how kids will come up with knock knock jokes--but when they are 5 years old the jokes just don't make any sense and are not funny, but you are on the ground rolling because your 5 year old is laughing so hard at his own joke? Well, here is Briley's dinner time knock knock jokes.
Knock knock
Who's there?
Chicken
Chicken who?
Chicken Dog---HA! Ha!

Knock knock
Who's there?
Dog
Dog who?
Dog chicken--Ha! Ha!

Why did the chicken say bock bock in the sandbox?
Why?
because he saw a dog--Ha! Ha! Ha!

Why did the dog cross the road?
Why?
Because the chicken said bock bock--Ha! Ha!

Are you sensing a theme here? This is not funny when you read it, but when a 5 year old can barely get the joke out because he has already started laughing so hard that his eyes are watering--that is funny.

Lord, please let me always see his beautiful heart and encourage him to make a joyful noise for you. Amen.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for your comment today, Sophia. It is so true!

Love your blog, just don't always take the time to comment. I should do that more though because I know how much I love comments. :)