Imagine you are preparing for an interview. You have everything in perfect order.
New suit--check!
New shirt and tie---check!
New shoes and socks---check!
Showered, shampooed, and shaved---check!
Portfolio----check!
You confidently walk into the interview, running the details of the position in your mind, extend your right hand and give a firm handshake. You sit down and slowly exhale trying to relax and process the question you have just been asked, when, IN HORROR, you discover that your wife failed to remove the price tag from your left sleeve.
WHAT DO I DO NOW??? DID THEY SEE IT, YET? ARE THEY LAUGHING UNDER THEIR BREATH? SHOULD I GET UP AND RUN OUT? IF I KILL MY WIFE, WHO WILL RAISE OUR KIDS?
You try to calm down and use the portfolio to discreetly hide the price tag until you figure out how to remove it without being detected--but at this moment CALM is not in your vocabulary. Did I answer the question I was just asked? Should I ask him to repeat it or just act like I ---
"Mark?"
"Yes."
"Mark, would you feel more comfortable if you took your jacket off?"
"Yes, yes, I would feel much more comfortable. Thank you. Well, I was trying to impress you guys and show you that I could dress nice, but I guess I am busted."
Yes, this horrific experience really happened to poor Mark, but he handled it with style and humor. That's my man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhhh the memories just made... :0)
That's fantastic story.
It make me crazy!
Post a Comment