It is the time of year when most of us are thinking about things like presents, holiday traditions, baking, tours of Christmas lights, church programs, etc... I am guilty of this same thing. I have been thinking over the past week of how my children are going to remember their childhood Christmas'.
However, today I was jolted back into reality when I learned of a friend that I used to attend church with and her husband and two children's heartbreak. Tonight, the husband is lying in a bed at John Hopkins hospital awaiting a heart and lung transplant. He was medi-vaced to the hospital, and his 4 year old son and infant daughter are on their way to Texas to stay with grandparents while he awaits a miracle. His young wife, a stay at home mom, is praying for her husband's life as he fights for each breath he is taking.
I cannot imagine the worry, fear, and pain that this entire family must be in. My heart is breaking for them. We know that God is sovereign and in control of this situation. But, I beseech you all to lift this man and his family up in prayer tonight, tomorrow, and every time you think of them and ask God to perform a miraculous healing. I pray that God might show himself mighty through the restoration of this man's heart and lungs. I pray that this will be a memorable Christmas because it was the Christmas that he was healed. And I pray that we will all remember the little things that God blesses us with every day, even in our trials and tribulations, such as, a heart and lungs that are strong and healthy.
The gift of our Lord, Jesus Christ, born those many years ago gives us hope, even in circumstances as dire as these. We know that if the Lord calls Jay home that we will one day see him again. So, please do not forget the most important gift of all was given to us by our Heavenly Father, the birth of his Son, Jesus.
That God sent His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment