We keep a relatively clean house (a.k.a. we can throw things in the closets and garage, mop and sweep, and make the house look clean in under 20 minutes). So, in preparation to sell our house, we decided to really "de-clutter" and "deep clean" every surface, wall, floor, and dare I say the word--closet.
We started our "de-clutter" (a.k.a. moving stuff from one room to another to get the first room looking perfect) in the bedrooms and have slowly been moving to all the other big rooms in the house. But, yesterday, we hit the dreaded closets--Dah, dah, DAH!! (That was scary organ music for all those who are not familiar with my crazy way of thinking.)
Now, to help you understand--all the "clutter" had to go somewhere, right? Some of it went to Goodwill, some of it went to the dump, but a great majority of it was stuffed into one closet or another--what were we thinking?!! So, I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning out my closet in the master bedroom, and most of the stuff ended up sitting in the middle of the floor in the bedroom that I had already cleaned to perfection (a.k.a. "I'm done with this room until somebody forces me back in here with a knife to my throat).
So, in the middle of the night, I woke up, as I generally do, just to survey the surrounding and make sure that I don't hear any little ones crying, snoring, or pattering to the bathroom, to see...THE. MOTHER. OF. ALL. MESSES!!! After that my dreams were invaded with clothes piling on top of me and smothering me, picture frames stacked everywhere without a single photo in them, and bottles of lotion and perfume pouring all over my house---AHHHHH! (That was a scream for all all those who are still not familiar with my crazy way of thinking.)
I think preparing a house for sale could be the perfect plot to a really scary movie---Terror In The Night.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment