These past few months have been blessed months and trying months. We have been hit with bad and good news repeatedly. Mark's job has been a roller coaster for the past year and is now going into one of those steep drops and as far as we can see, they are out of track at the bottom of this drop.
Briley was diagnosed as being blind in his left eye, and I never even noticed there was a problem. Thankfully, it can be fixed through patching and corrective lenses and multiple doctor appointments to adjust the prescription of his glasses as his brain learns to recognize that eye.
We were 5 hours away from home when the motor locked up on our van, and we were told that the engine would need to be replaced, which will cost more than the van is worth.
Sabree knocked out her two front beautiful PERMANENT teeth on a slide Sunday and had to undergo emergency tooth reconstructive surgery on both teeth, which turned out to be a phased process, so her poor teeth look---well, not like they used to. She will have to undergo at least one more surgery next week and we must pray that the nerves live or she will have to undergo another surgery after that.
As I cry out to God, please Lord, we need to see a light at the end of this tunnel, I feel...frustration, no that's not it, anxiety...only for brief moments...PEACE. I feel a peace amidst this craziness.
Sure, I have moments of tears and feeling like my head will explode, but I feel peace. It is as if I am a child and something has gone wrong and I know that I can run to my Daddy's arms and he will take care of it all. I feel the Spirit of God slowly wash this peace over my entire body and I couldn't cry if I wanted to because His comfort is greater than my anxiety. It is strange and wonderful.
What a blessing to be a child of the King in such trials. How do people cope without God? He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and worthy of all praise and honor and glory. Thank you, Lord for your provision and your peace.
This may be the best time of our lives and it may only get worse--but we will still praise Him. He has a plan for our lives and it has never looked like the plan we have set for ourselves, but His plan is always better. Please, Lord, help us see your plan and rest in your plan.
I know that there are so many of you out there who are going through the same trials as we have faced. The state of the economy has caused at least 20 people that I personally know and call friends to lose their job. It is a tough time financially for many families. Please just reach out to God, put your faith in Him and trust Him. He knows the plans he has for us. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He created this world by speaking it into existence. He is worthy and holy. And, He alone will bring comfort and peace to you.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thinking of you...
LORD, I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I want to learn the secret of being content in any and every situation , whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through You, Lord who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:12-13
Post a Comment