Thursday, September 13, 2007

They Found Me

I love to play hide and go seek with my kids. I love to play those hidden picture games in the Highlights magazine. And, I cannot resist a good word find puzzle. The point is that I love to find things. It gives me such joy and delight to find that missing sock on the side of the washing machine, or the hat that goes with my daughters favorite outfit from last year. (Yes, I keep every odd sock in hopes that one day I will find it's mate. And, I usually do find them--after my kids have outgrown them.) If someone quotes a scripture, I will hunt for hours, days, until I find it. By the way, Julie, that verse is in Mark, chapter 10. Yes, I could not let it go until I found it.
But, the one thing that I never wanted to EVER EVER find again was the 60 pounds I lost last year. I did not seek it! I did not want to find it! I did not look for it--and half that weight has already found me again! FRACKIN SMACKIN! So, I have decided that I need to enter another hide and NOT go seek game with my weight, yet again. I can't tell you how much I hate to diet--YUCK. So, for the first time in my life, I plan to do it the "right" way. Cut back, eat healthier, exercise a little each day (not 2-3 hours like before) and make it a lifestyle. I know this change will be s-l-o-w, but hopefully, it will be permanent. Pray for me my dear friends, I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm right there with you Sophia! I like to keep the baby with me so people won't ask when I'm due! It's such a long hard road and I don't want to travel it again, but I do want to be healty! Let's help each other!